Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Winter-itis? Uh-Oh...

I promised myself that it wouldn't happen this winter, but it has. I've come down with a case of "Winter-itis". This is that special brand of inactivity particular to Upper Midwesterners in the winter time. Rather than hitting the treadmill in the basement or lifting weights after work, all one wants to do is curl up with a thick novel and a mug of hot tea.

I'm not sure of the cure, but I am a lot further in the (literal) stack of books on my nightstand. I think, after a summer of enjoying the outdoors from the saddle and being perhaps the most active I've been since senior year of high school, I want a break. If I had the chance at riding my bike right now in just a jersey and shorts, I'd go for it. But I hate getting all bundled up to be miserable out there, it isn't worth it.

To be fair, I did do some shoveling yesterday and today, so I've got that going for me. Plus, now that there is some snow, conventional winter recreation activities may commence with less difficulty. Perhaps I'll go sledding...

Until next time, ride long and keep the rubber-side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment