Thursday, January 1, 2015

A Cyclist That Looks Like Everyone

What does a cyclist look like?  No, seriously, what?

A cyclist is that person kitting up and going for a 50 mile training ride on Saturday morning.  The man tucking in his tie, rolling up his pant-leg and riding to work.  The older couple taking a turn around the neighborhood on their cruisers.  The little girl down the street ripping up the sidewalk on training wheels.

Now, I'm not saying it's a great idea to show up for your next fast shop ride in your LBD and heels.  Nor is going to your next board meeting in your stinky kit your greatest idea.  Dress for what you're going to be doing.  It's okay to ride in jeans, but understand that you might be more comfortable if you threw a pair of bike shorts on underneath.

So, here's a round-up of some of my favorite double-duty cycling apparel.  Dress it up right, and you might get away with wearing it at the office, too.

NY Times: Cyclists Go Glam Into the Night  Lots of cool, clever, and fashionable designs here.  But, are us mere mortals supposed to be able to afford them?  I suppose, if you're wearing them both to ride and to the office, you could argue that as double-duty garments, you have to pay twice as much.

Chrome Industries  Chrome already makes some of the best messenger bags in the biz.  Their merino tops and waterproof outerwear is pretty awesome, too.

PEdALED  I adore nearly everything this company makes, especially their commuter jackets.  I do wish they made them in a woman's cut, though.

Endura  A brand from the UK known for their outstanding waterproof outwear.  Their shorts and knickers are good urban wear, as well.

Rapha.cc  Because it's Rapha.

Giro Cycling Apparel for Women  Doing some great work with women's urban apparel that's functional, not frilly.

Mission Workshop  Cool stuff.  Again, I wish there was some stuff for women.

Until next time, ride long and keep the rubber side down.

1 comment:

  1. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website at www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete