Friday, October 2, 2009

Update from the Masquerading Cyclist

For inquiring minds who want to know: Yes, I did get back on the treadmill. Yes, I did stretch and swallow ibuprofen before starting. Yes, it still hurt. Although the pain wasn't as intense as before, I think this is due to the fact that I slowed down and speed-walked when the pain became intense.

I'm starting to think my sister and Dad are right; I might not be cut out to be a runner and I should stick to my bike. Well, I'm not giving up. As I told a fellow athlete who's running the 10-miler with me on Halloween: I going to run my best and go 'til I puke or my legs refuse to move.

Oh, and who turned the thermostat around here down?! The average temperature for this time of year is 66 degrees F and it has yet to clear 55 degrees this past week. Riding on Wednesday night felt like early spring, complete with a stiff wind and what seems like a lot of rain. Granted, I should be used to riding in all sorts of weather, but we've had a cool(er) summer and thus, we've been spoiled with lovely riding weather.

Ah well, here's hoping for warmer temperatures for this weekend and the coming week!

Until next time, ride long and keep the rubber-side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment