Thursday, May 20, 2010

I Have No Words

I'm sad, disappointed, angry, and heartbroken. I believed in this guy! I met him last summer in Minneapolis while volunteering at the Nature Valley Grand Prix, he autographed my copy of his book. I haven't thrown it in the bin yet, but I'm pissed enough to give it a ceremonial cremation.
Landis admits doping, alleges use by Armstrong, others
The cycling world reacts to Floyd Landis' accusations

So, Floyd's a doper, and has been for years. Yet he had the nerve to fight being stripped of his yellow jersey in 2006 after he tested positive, wrote a book about how innocent he was, and accepted other people's money for his defense (Floyd's Fairness Fund). He's got a lot of nerve showing his face anywhere near the sport right now, if you asked me.

I may write more later, after I've cooled down.

Until next time, ride long and keep the rubber-side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment