Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Here I Am!

No, I'm not dead, injured, or otherwise maimed. Yes, I'm very busy. This working seven days a week is nuts! Add volunteering into the mix and I'm busier than one-legged man in a butt-kicking contest.

Today, I was in Saint Paul at eight o'clock in the morning; course marshaling Stage 1 (time trial, Eddy Merckx style) of the Nature Valley Grand Prix. I was actually in the same spot (where the bike path crossed the course) as last year, which was a little boring for watching the action.

But, I was glad I was at that intersection. There were more people trying to cross the course than last year. A dude on a BMX bike blew right through my whistle, my orange flag, my yelling, and waving arms. A rider on the course was only six feet from hitting him! I spoke to some other course marshals and that same BMXer blew through the rest of the crossing points on the course, too. He's lucky he didn't cause a crash and get someone hurt!

I'll post some pictures as soon as I can. I think I got some good ones of the Trek-LiveStrong boys.

Until next time, ride long and keep the rubber-side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment