Monday, November 15, 2010

Darwin-ism In Action

I find this rather unsettling.
Cat 6, Competitive Commuting Turns Bike Rides into Races
I truly hope this author had nothing else to write about that day, because commuting isn't a race and if you turn it into one, you're being moronic. Bike lanes and multi-use bike paths are meant for efficient, predictable riding; not for shouldering past a riding buddy to win a sprint or pulling a dick-move and not letting a quicker rider pass. Racing while commuting is like high school kids drag-racing: It just isn't a good idea.

Now, if you want to see if you can beat your best previous time commuting to work, knock yourself out, but please don't be a jerk when others try to pass you, okay? I ride my bike for fun, so forgive me if I don't want to spend my ride playing a stupid game of leap-frog/chicken with a guy tucked into his tri-bars (I'm sorry, but it's always tri-bars) who doesn't want me to pass him on my blue bicycle.

BikeSnobNYC: BSNYC Friday... Nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks that this racing while commuting is akin to playground antics and "which one is bigger".
It's Not A Race: The Unspoken Game This is a site dedicated to the ridiculousness that is the Unspoken Game, shhh!

Haters gonna hate, as the saying goes. I say, póg mo thóin! Thank you.

Until next time, ride long and keep the rubber-side down.

No comments:

Post a Comment